SENIOR PATIENT FINANCIAL SERVICES MANAGER
Location: REMOTE – AUSTIN, TX
Salary range – $75k-$110k Annually
Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Patient Financial Services. The Sr. Patient Financial Services Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of 3 departments: Quality assurance, payment posting & legacy accounts receivable (AR) for billing, collections and all aspects of accounts receivable for the purposes of liquidation of AR timely, achieving aging thresholds, minimizing avoidable and controllable write-offs through issue identification and escalation.
- The Sr. PFS Manager works closely with leaders and staff to manage processes, staff, and technology in pursuit of leading revenue cycle outcomes
- Monitors and manage AR through communication within staff, payers and other hospital revenue cycle departments
- Organizes and directs the work of PFS personnel by scheduling, evaluating performance, resolving employee complaints, and administering discipline when necessary
- Responsible for the quality of work, productivity of staff, morale of the groups and employee adherence to hospital and departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Provides leadership and supervision regarding departmental performance by completing evaluations, maintaining staff competency and development, adequate staffing and assures all work in specified areas is completed while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Monitors and oversees the PFS revenue cycle staff’s, scheduling, work assignments, and corrective actions.
- Oversees AR functions; develop, implement, monitor, and analyze all functions related to accounts receivable to ensure leading revenue cycle operational performance is consistent of meeting cash goals and aging thresholds along with other revenue cycle benchmarks. Also monitor credit balance reports and refund requests to ensure timely resolution and response.
- Ensures employee productivity and quality of work meets QA standards, through preparation and presentation of staff productivity reports.
Stays current with payer/claim specific issues and facilitates resolution through communication and coordination with health plans, PFS leaders and attend
- Joint Operation Committee (JOC) Meetings as needed.
- Monitors the collection processes to identify cash flow improvement opportunities.
- Monitors, identifies, and reports any system issues negatively impacting A/R.
- Ensures timely submission of requested information from various payors and health plans.
- Provides daily monitoring and monthly reporting of Key Performance Indicators and Department performance dashboard data as requested.
- Provides feedback and education to ancillary departments regarding reimbursement processes and assist with resolution of AR issues directly associated with these processes as needed.
- Expected to demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate team members.
- Serves as a resource and promotes positive interactions with customers and employees in an effort toward exceeding expectations or any persons associated with the hospital.
- Assist with the development of department policies and procedures.
- Provides and/or coordinates orientation and training of staff.
- Issues performance appraisals and conducts reviews according to hospital guidelines to ensure completion by due date 100% of the time.
- Recruit, develop and maintain a competent and productive team; responsible for staff development and related goal setting/performance standard with the
- Revenue Cycles managers and staff.
Monitors equipment performance and contacts appropriate department/vendor for necessary service.
- Attends meetings and in-services, works on special projects as requested/needed, and performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, or Business Administration required or a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a hospital Patient Financial Services Department at a manager level.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in hospital business office at a manager level
- Extensive experience working with billing, collection and reimbursement, payment posting and QA
- Familiarity with medical terminology and coding systems (ICD-10, HCPCS, CPT’s, APC, DRG’s, etc…) highly preferred
- Experience working with Cerner Millennium systems
To apply, please send resume directly to email@example.com.