Salary range – $28 – $32 Hourly
About The Company
Infinx Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology solutions company that supports revenue cycle management providers and hospital systems, which has been continuously changing the landscape of healthcare delivery.
Driven by focus and an entrepreneurial mindset, Infinx is a fun, fast-paced company that is disrupting the patient access and revenue cycle management markets within healthcare. We provide tech-enabled service solutions that leverage machine learning and artificial intelligence to provide a cloud-based platform and solutions for our customers. We are looking for passionate people to continue to bring new ideas and innovations to our team.
The Medical Coding Auditor is responsible for the hospital and department’s mission to meet its objectives by ensuring that all provider services are completely and accurately coded according to approved coding guidelines. The specialist will perform analysis to identify risk and provide formal and informational education on documentation best practices and requirements. The CCES for Coding Audits will provide coding support to the providers by training practitioners to accurately code all relative procedures such as Evaluation and Management and specialty specific coding. The specialist will perform Audit and education which leads to appropriate execution of regulatory requirements and guidelines related to professional or hospital documentation, coding and billing including federal and state regulations and guidelines, CMS and other third-party payor billing rules and OIG compliance standards. The specialist supports the company’s’ overall operational goals by efficiently and effectively providing account data needed for accurate and timely Revenue Cycle processing and billing.
- Assess, develop resources/materials, and conduct training to assure accurate coding of Health Information Management (HIM) coded medical records.
- Check medical coding and billing information for accuracy, suspicious activity, and compliance with healthcare regulations.
- Responsible for monitoring and overseeing the coding integrity program.
- Develop competencies and quality assessment tools for education/compliance requirements.
- Apply appropriate coding classification standards and guidelines to medical record documentation for accurate coding.
- Perform quality assessment of records, including verification of medical record documentation (both electronic and handwritten).
- Perform quality assessments of coders completed work to validate standards are met.
- Educate coders and other staff on appropriate coding guidelines.
- Responsible for researching errors or missing documentation from medical records in order to provide accurate coding processes.
- Abstract and assign the appropriate ICD-10, HCPCS/CPT codes; including Level I & Level II modifiers as appropriate for all diagnosis and procedures performed in outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of processes and procedures for each assigned client revolving around system use, billing/coding rules, and client specific guidelines.
- Manage time effectively to meet all required deadlines and timeframes for client and department needs.
- Collaborate in a team environment with the Department Manager and other staff on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, standards, and laws.
Skills And Education
- 5 years medical abstract coding/auditing Pro-Fee experience-REQUIRED
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in coding audit or quality review work – REQUIRED.
- Auditing certification through AAPC (CPMA) – REQUIRED
- Additional certification through AHIMA or AAPC
- Ability to create and follow written procedure.
- Ability to provide professional written communication and excellent customer service.
- Technical proficiency with computers, basic Microsoft software, and medical software systems (Cerner)
- High-school diploma (bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong technical and computer skills (PM/EHR Software, Excel, Outlook, MS Office, Web)
- Ability to learn new systems, software and client specialties quickly
- Self-starter with little to no supervision
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Link to apply: Medical Coding Auditor – Remote – Indeed.com