Compensation Rate – $25 – $32 Hourly
About The Company
Infinx Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology solutions company that supports revenue cycle management providers and hospital systems, which has been continuously changing the landscape of healthcare delivery.
Driven by focus and an entrepreneurial mindset, Infinx is a fun, fast-paced company that is disrupting the patient access and revenue cycle management markets within healthcare. We provide tech-enabled service solutions that leverage machine learning and artificial intelligence to provide a cloud-based platform and solutions for our customers. We are looking for passionate people to continue to bring new ideas and innovations to our team.
Hospital Outpatient Coder is responsible for inputting charges through the careful review of charges associated with services performed by hospital providers. Must create claims accurately and review coding of the claims prior to claim submission. The position supports the company’s overall Operations by efficiently and effectively performing duties required for Revenue Cycle process and hospital outpatient coding. Responsible for reviewing and evaluating medical record documentation to assign, sequence, edit and/or validate the appropriate ICD-10-CM and HCPCS/CPT codes for outpatient services provided by the hospital. The specialist performs hospital outpatient coding across multiple entities and applies the appropriate coding guidelines and criteria for code and modifier selections. The specialist adheres to the Official CMS Coding Guidelines and Facility Coding Compliance policies and procedures for the assignment of complete, accurate, timely, and consistent codes for charge entry. The specialist supports the company’s’ overall operational goals by efficiently and effectively providing account data needed for accurate and timely Revenue Cycle processing and billing.
- Ensures physician’s charges are received in a timely manner
- Reviews schedule to ensure all charges are entered in EMR
- Strong customer service skills; answering client calls; prompt return and follow-up to all interactions; prompt response to requests for information, both internally and externally
- Expert ability to add specific data such as modifiers, payer specific information including authorizations criteria, CPT, and ICD-10 codes and date of injury (DOI)
- Knowledgeable to append modifiers based on payer specifics, insurances, and authorization requirements and referring physician’s unique attributes
- Understand and interpret the Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) and payer guidelines
- Perform Charge Entry for Hospitals
- Participate in coding audits
- Provide coding charge validation
- Achieve goals set forth by supervisor regarding error-free work, transactions, processes, and compliance requirements
- Specialties Required: ED Facility, EM IP, EM IP Facility
- Perform other duties and functions as directed and/or requested
Skills And Education
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Associate or bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- COC certification required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in healthcare billing and abstract coding
- DRG and PCS Coding experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and work in fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments
- Able to work collaboratively with administration and staff
- Keen attention to detail
- Cerner system (preferred)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Link to apply: Hospital Outpatient Coder – Remote – Indeed.com