Compensation Rate – $30 – $38 Hourly
About The Company
Infinx Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology solutions company that supports revenue cycle management providers and hospital systems, which has been continuously changing the landscape of healthcare delivery.
Driven by focus and an entrepreneurial mindset, Infinx is a fun, fast-paced company that is disrupting the patient access and revenue cycle management markets within healthcare. We provide tech-enabled service solutions that leverage machine learning and artificial intelligence to provide a cloud-based platform and solutions for our customers. We are looking for passionate people to continue to bring new ideas and innovations to our team.
The Hospital Inpatient Coder is responsible for inputting charges by carefully reviewing charges associated with services performed by Hospital providers. Must create claims accurately and reviewing coding of the claims prior to claim submission. The position supports the company’s overall Operations by efficiently and effectively performing duties required for Revenue Cycle process and hospital coding. Responsible for reviewing and evaluating medical record documentation to assign, sequence, edit and/or validate the appropriate ICD-10-CM and HCPCS/CPT codes for services provided by the hospital. The specialist performs hospital coding across multiple entities and applies the appropriate coding guidelines and criteria for code and modifier selections. The specialist supports the company’s’ overall operational goals by efficiently and effectively providing account data needed for accurate and timely Revenue Cycle processing and billing.
- Comply with all legal requirements regarding coding procedures and practices
- Conduct audits and coding reviews to ensure all documentation is precise and accurate
- Assign and sequence all CPT, ICD and DX codes for services rendered
- Collaborate with the billing department to ensure all bills are satisfied in a timely manner
- Communicate with insurance companies about coding errors and disputes
- Review coding data for analysis and research associated with billing appeals and denials
- Contact physicians and other health care professionals with questions about treatments or diagnostic tests given to patients with regard to coding procedures
- Ability to identify PSI triggers or have working knowledge of PSI triggers which includes identifying and assigning co-morbidity and complications.
- Ability to assign the appropriate DRG, discharge disposition code and principal DX codes
- Serves as the liaison between revenue cycle operations and clients as it relates to charge capture documentation and reconciliation.
- Possesses a clear understanding of the physician revenue cycle.
- Oversees understands and communicates coding and charging processes for each client account based on their existing EHR system as it relates to office and hospital-based services which includes charge captures charge linkages to the CDM and charging processes.
- Analyzes and communicates denial trends to Clients and operational leaders.
- Specialties: IP- DRG
Skills And Education
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Associate or bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in healthcare billing and abstract coding
- Experience with DRG and PCS Codes
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and work in fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments
- Able to work collaboratively with administration and staff
- Keen attention to detail
- Cerner experience (preferred)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Link to apply: Hospital Inpatient Coder – Remote – Indeed.com