Location: Spring, Texas | Full-time
We are seeking a certified professional coder, preferably with diagnostic and interventional radiology coding experience. The individual will be responsible for correctly coding healthcare claims in order to obtain reimbursement from insurance companies and government healthcare programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Primary responsibility will be to code interventional radiology procedures and the global component for all imaging modalities.
- Perform billing and coding functions in accordance with coding and insurance guidelines.
- Reads and abstracts data from the patient’s medical record for all medical specialties and assigns appropriate procedure codes and diagnosis ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all departmental coding.
- Analyzes and resolves issues of missing charges and problem accounts by researching information regarding department reimbursement.
- Interacts with Coding Supervisor regarding billing and documentation policies and procedures as needed.
- Assist with providing education and training to physicians, other providers, and teammates on coding and clinical documentation.
- Ability to meet designated deadlines and productivity standards.
- Continue education to keep up with all the changes in this industry.
- Correct coding related denials.
- Recognize re-occurring issues and/or denials and communicating findings with management.
Education and Training Requirements:
- Professional Coder Certification is required: AAPC, AHIMA or RCC certified
- Minimum two years Radiology coding experience
- Experience in interventional and diagnostic coding is preferred
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed, self-motivated manner
- Technical knowledge of medical terminology
- Intermediate computer proficiency
- Competitive hourly wages
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life)
Job Type: Full-time
Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org