Under general direction, this position will be responsible for handling the day to day customer service activity within the AR, Billing and Support Staff. The customer service representative is responsible for providing effective customer service for all customers by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company services as well as communicating effectively with team members within the department.
- Answer multiple customer service calls in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner ensuring an effective call resolution.
- Uses appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding customer concerns
- Receive and relay client messages to the appropriate party
- Translate an EOB to the patient to explain deductible, co-insurance, co-pay, payment, or denial questions
- Processes customer information and payments accurately according to established department policies and procedures.
- Review patient accounts for accuracy and be able to solve inaccuracies
- Perform clerical duties as needed
- Generate and process patient statements as needed
- Provides continual evaluation of processes and procedures.
Skills and Education:
- Knowledge of latest technologies pertinent to the Healthcare discipline, well versed in claims billing and insurance plans/policies.
- Communication Proficiency. – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Customer/Client Focus. – This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Ability to multitask & Organizational skills a must
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity. – ECW, EPIC, Microsoft Office, Computer literate
- Time Management.
- Teamwork Orientation.
Exemplary customer service skills – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
2 + years of experience and High school Degree or Higher
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org