Under direction from management team, this position will be responsible to help track the daily work activities that are performed by the Accounts Receivable team, as well as ensure that all facility accounts are current each month. They will also be responsible for pulling monthly charge and payment totals, reconciliations, and working with finance to invoice the respective clients. The A/R Manager is also responsible for aiding the client service manager as well as assisting other managers and program staff regarding collections, authorizations and other AR functions. They will manage the completion and maintenance of all claims processing related activities and documents, as well as posting of all payments. This position is responsible for overall monitoring, reporting and accountability of the receivables process.
- Help the client service managers to provide quality control of facility account/insurance related billing and issues.
- Identify potential issues, opportunities, and recommend result solutions. Display the ability to recognize when a problem needs to be escalated to the Manager.
- Ability to interact with other departments in a professional manner.
- Help ensure that all invoicing and collections effort is completed each month.
- Follows appropriate procedures for follow-up on payment and collection of overdue open item balances including recording information regarding status of collection efforts.
- Open Item A/R review; locate and monitor overdue accounts, review A/R spreadsheets, research, and resolution of charges (pulling checks, verify payment info, etc.)
- Provide coverage for fellow teammates when they are out of the office.
- Needs to have the ability to be flexible with your work schedule if it is necessary to meet deadlines or deliverables as assigned by the manager and Executive Management.
- Experience with accounts receivable and a strong understanding of reimbursement and AR aging.
- Collect payments for outstanding open accounts receivable balances.
- Works with internal and external teams to ensure medical claims are being processed timely and paid accurately.
- Must meet/exceed daily/weekly production KPI’s
Skills and Education:
- Knowledge of latest technologies pertinent to the ERS discipline.
- Knowledge of industry trends pertinent to the ERS discipline
- Knowledge of depth experience and exposure to the healthcare provider industry and demonstrate knowledge of hospital operations and systems
- Experience with billing and collections in the healthcare or pharmacy field required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, with intermediate level of Excel and understanding of pivot tables required.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently and pay close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse environment on a high level. Customer service experience required.
- Ability to adapt, organize, prioritize and manage various work assignments in a fast paced environment.
- 1+ years within an BPO / Service environment
- Complete annual performance evaluations for oversight of A/R specialist team.
- Meet department productivity standards.
- Consistently reports to work on time and prepared to perform duties of position
- Communicate regularly with management about department issues or process improvement initiatives.
- Medical Billing/Coding Diploma or Certificate Required
- Knowledge and understanding of business principles, processes and technology.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and strong organizational skills.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail and good group presentation skills.
- Experience in proven client interaction skills with a focus on account management, business development
- Proficient in business communication – written and oral and excellent documentation skills
- High proficiency in MS office suite, specifically excel and PowerPoint
- High school diploma